Donuts. Who doesn't love donuts? I LOVE donuts. Good donuts though. I mean c'mon they are sooooo good! Have you ever tried your hand at homemade donuts? You can now, as I have a recipe to share with you that not only makes one heck-of-a donut but they are also baked. Which means more you can eat. Baked = healthier, right? Right! Pair it up with a nice mug of coffee and oh my yum.
These happen to be french vanilla flavored donuts. That also happens to be a french vanilla glaze on top of them as well. And yes, that happens to be blue sugar sprinkled on top because well . . . I thought it looked pretty. Sound good? Oh and did I mention they are mini too, so I am pretty sure that means you could eat even more! ;)
Know what else I LOVE? Target. I was there the other day, needed some coffee creamer, and I spotted these bottles and I decided to take a look. The design drew me in as it's very modern and well, I AM a designer so these things do catch my eye. Come to find out that design star David Bromstad has partnered with Coffee-mate and Target, with limited edition bottle designs inspired by coffee and Coffee-mate. David Bromstad's designed bottles (French Vanilla and Hazelnut) will be available exclusively at Target stores nationwide.
As I placed them in my cart, I had a thought. I was going to make some flavored donuts with them. AND make them to match the bottles.
Two different recipes. One BIG taste!
Glazed French Vanilla Baked Donuts
~Ingredients ~ For Donuts-
- 2 cups AP flour - sifted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¾ cup Coffee-mate French Vanilla coffee creamer creamer
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For French Vanilla Glaze-
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. Coffee-mate French Vanilla coffee creamer creamer
Glazed Hazelnut Baked Donuts
~Ingredients ~ For Donuts- same as above
For Hazelnut Glaze-
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. Coffee-mate Hazelnut coffee creamer creamer
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in coffee creamer, eggs, vanilla extract (for vanilla donuts) and butter - beat until combined.
- Place batter into piping bag and fill doughnut pans, fill about ½ the way.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until top springs back when touched. (truth: I baked these in my oven for ONLY 4 minutes - just check them & plan on low end depending on your oven)
- Let donuts cool at least 5 minutes before glazing.
- To make glaze- In small bowl, whisk together creamer and powdered sugar. Add vanilla extract (for vanilla donuts) and whisk until smooth. TIP: Mix in more creamer if glaze is too thick, if it gets too watery add additional powdered sugar. Use immediately.
- Dip donuts in glaze and place on a wired rack. Let glaze dry.
- For additional 'color' glaze, just make an extra batch of glaze but add in food color to achieve the color you wish & drizzle over glazed donuts!
- ENJOY the delicious-ness!
Which flavor are you going to try? Just imagine, your favorite cup of coffee with Coffee-mate French Vanilla or Hazelnut coffee creamer in it plus these mini donuts! Breakfast is served!
Are you feeling lucky? Today I have a wonderful prize package up for grabs, to give away to one lucky winner! You will receive: five mini journals, this pack of colorful pens, this coffee poster plus you will get coupons for two full-value Coffee-mate items! Just think, then YOU could make the donuts! Simply enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
"For more inspired fun, snap a photo of the newly designed bottles and share it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #CMInspiresSweepsEntry for a chance to win a year’s worth of Coffee-mate, $500 Target GiftCards, and a signed print from David Bromstad!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Are you loving the "eye candy" here?
Then join me over on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Instagram so you never miss out on an exclusive deal or any behind the scenes photos!
Check out my designs, artwork & decor in my Etsy shop!