Hey there everyone!
Guess what? I am back with my last EMOJI craft from that epic EMOJI party we had for my daughter's 13th birthday! As you know, I have shared all of the fun from the party including all the details, the party pack collection, decor ideas as well as separate posts about the EMOJI PILLOWS the girls made plus the EMOJI OREO POPS and the POO EMOJI BROWNIE BITES, I made, so make sure to check those out if you somehow missed them. ;)
It was such a great party theme and one that you could do so many creative things with that it was hard to narrow down which to try and craft. In the end, I think I ended up cutting out about three other ideas I wanted to do for her party but you know how it goes . . .so many ideas, not enough hours in the day right? ;)
Anyway, as you know I have a massive love affair with IKEA and am constantly there so when we saw these coasters, well . . . an idea was born! We love how they turned out and this could totally be a craft idea you could have the kids do during an emoji party if you wanted. We painted them ahead of time though and had it as part of their favor bags to take home.
The great thing about making these coasters is you can choose which of your favorite emoji faces to paint . . . the possibilities are endless!
So here they are, come see just how easy they are to make:
1. gather all of your supplies . . . you will need:
the two pack of IKEA coasters, a couple paint brushes and the colors of paint that you will be using - depending on which emoji faces you are painting.
2. for the emoji faces we chose, we first painted the inside and edges of the coaster with our yellow paint. Let it dry. Side note: they dried super fast!
3. we painted all of the black parts of the face next. Let dry.
4. the white details we painted on next and allowed to dry. Some of the designs, this was it and others we did a final step of color.
5. if you have chosen any of the emoji faces with some color, like this laughing face emoji, then you would paint the blue tears last.
I also painted the heart eyes emoji for the party and the red hearts were painted last too.
They are so simple but turn out so cute! All of the girls loved them and were using them all night at the party.
This is another perfect DIY craft for an emoji party or an emoji sleepover. This particular craft would be great for the younger kids to do as well- they will love making these.
What emoji face would YOU paint on a coaster, given the chance? Please let me know below . . .
Are you loving the "eye candy" here?
check out my designs, artwork & decor in my Etsy shop!
Looking forward to seeing you again! :)