Hello emoji fans!
As you may have heard, I threw TWO parties for my daughter that had to do with emojis so I have been sharing some of the ideas and fun things we did! The girl had an emoji sleepover AND a family party and when we were planning she wanted to do something with the 'poo emoji' (of course) who wouldn't as I would bet that it's one of the most used emojis when texting! ;)
After searching for ideas, knowing my daughter's insane love for brownies, the fact that I didn't want to make a ton of treats AND wanting to keep the food 'black and white'-ish, I decided on these:
POO EMOJI BROWNIE BITES!
I mean, just let me state the obvious, this is by no means a 'recipe' but more of an IDEA that I wanted to share as so many times we 'think' cute party food has to be real involved or made from scratch. Awwww heck no! Who's got time for all that? So here ya go, super quick, fairly easy and definitely a treat that brings the WOW factor and ends up being the most popular treat on the table! (true story)
AND one other thing, please do NOT get hung up on making perfect looking treats for your kids or friends as if they know you made them . . . they will love them. As you will see, these little guys are far from perfect but they were the first to go, tasted great and did their job = success! ;)
Here we go . . .
1. I grabbed a container of pre-made brownie bites from the store. (Sam's Club to be exact as it gave me enough for BOTH parties)
2. make your favorite chocolate icing recipe OR do what I did, buy some already made in those convenient little frosting containers you can find at any store. ;)
3. place frosting in your dessert decorator (a.k.a. my frosting gun!) OR if you don't have one, just place in ziploc and snip the corner to pipe onto brownies.
4. pipe enough frosting onto brownie bites to form that perfect swirl like an ice cream cone dispenser. On mine I decided to cut back a little bit on the frosting (and not make it soooo tall) since I wanted to keep the 'brownie bites' at the perfect brownie to frosting ratio, ya know . . . #goals! ;) We DID try it both ways and ended up liking a little less frosting on them so that's what we went with, even though MORE frosting looks more legit . . . but hey, we like our poo emoji brownie bites just the way they are! lol
See the difference? . . .it's all in the height of the frosting swirl. ;)
5. and of course finish off your creation by drawing a little mouth with a white icing tube small enough to form the mouth and top them off with a couple of edible eyeballs and DONE!
I will be sharing another fun treat I tackled soon and also some various crafts that made their way to the parties, plus the full party reveal with all of the details. Stay tuned - especially if you are planning or even thinking that you would love to have any type of emoji party!
Don't forget you can get a full emoji party printable package in my shop and I have two designs for an invite as well.
Which emoji is your fave? Have you ever tackled a fun treat like this?
Are you loving the "eye candy" here?
check out my designs, artwork & decor in my Etsy shop!
Looking forward to seeing you again! :)